The California court system takes domestic violence very seriously. So seriously, in fact, that various judicial districts in California have established special courts to deal with the issue of domestic violence. For most of those who are facing charges of domestic violence, there are many questions that need to be answered, such as:
- My spouse/girlfriend does not want to press charges. Why is this still an issue?
- What are the potential consequences?
- What is the process I am going to have to go through?
Our attorneys can help you understand the process you will be going through. We can also work to ensure that you receive the best available outcome in your domestic violence case. Our extensive skill and experience can help you defend against the difficult consequences that accompany a domestic violence conviction. Domestic violence convictions can carry penalties that include, among other consequences:
- Restrictions on contact
- Restrictions on child custody and modification of spousal support
- Restrictions on firearm ownership
- Restrictions on alcohol and drug use, with the possibility of chemical testing
- Attending weekly batterers counseling program for one year
- Special terms and conditions, including steep fines and possible restitution Heavy fines and the cost of the batterers program can exceed $5,000
- Deportation or expulsion for those who are not citizens
More Than 40 Years Of Combined Legal Experience
At Fiumara Law, PC, our attorneys are committed to helping those who are facing domestic violence charges with every aspect of their case, from dealing with the realities of a protective order to defending against the charges themselves. The courts employ a multi-pronged approach to resolving domestic violence cases. The consequences include a wide range of tools designed to avoid future instances of domestic violence. Our firm has the necessary skill to help our clients fight false charges of domestic abuse so that they can move on with their lives.
Contact The Sonoma Domestic Violence Charges Defense Attorneys Of Fiumara Law, PC
When domestic violence charges are threatening your future, we can help. Turn to the skilled and experienced attorneys of Fiumara Law, PC. To schedule a free initial consultation, call 707-387-0940 or 415-234-0142 or contact us online.
We are available 24/7. Our operations will connect you to one of our attorneys, nights and weekends!