When searching for the right Personal Injury Attorney in Sonoma or Marin Counties to recover compensation for you after an accident, you need to know what to look for in terms of the lawyer’s qualities.
One of the ways you can tell if an attorney is an excellent choice is by looking at his or her success record. Fiumara & Milligan Law, PC has represented clients for over two decades and has successfully recovered millions of dollars in damages for clients since 1992.
More than 98 percent of our lawsuits result in substantial settlements, because our focus is combined with an excellent trial record that defense attorneys pay to avoid.
Many of our clients have recovered damages ranging into the millions of dollars to cover their medical expenses, to replace their lost income and to compensate them for their pain, suffering and emotional distress.
Our firm approaches each case aggressively in order to get the best results, but we also recognize that our clients are going through some of the most difficult times in their lives. We will treat you with respect and compassion as we fight tirelessly to get you the results that you need and deserve.
Read through some of our recent case results below to see what we have been able to accomplish for our clients.
Personal Injury Case Results
- $10,646,446 Wrongful Death Jury Verdict
- $5,268,000 CALTRANS Serious Auto Accident
- $5,020,000 Child Molestation/Church Abuse
- $430,000 Auto Accident
- $335,000 Pedestrian Accident
- $274,000 Hit By Company Utility Vehicle
- $241,757 Explosion/Burns
- $275,000 Nursing Home/Slip and Fall
- $250,000 Taxi Cab Accident
- $225,000 Truck Accident
- $200,000 Motorcycle Accident
- $200,000 Hostile Workplace Award
- $162,000 Tourist Accident
- $100,000 Rear End Accident
- $95,602 Slip & Fall Accident
- $95,000—School Premises Burn
- $85,000 Dump Truck/Auto Accident
- $82,000 Slip and Fall at Major Grocery Chain Store
- $80,000 Drunk Driver Accident
- $75,000 Trip and Fall on Landlord Premises
- $65,000 Simple Slip and Fall
Recent Great Criminal Defense Results
Fiumara & Milligan Law PC—Recent Criminal Defense Results
Our team of experienced, dedicated and highly skilled criminal defense attorneys has over 60 years of combined criminal defense experience working for you.
We work tirelessly on every aspect of your case from arraignment through dismissal and/or sentencing to get you the most favorable outcome possible under the law. If trial is necessary, then we leave no stone unturned and present a vigorous and zealous defense until acquittal. WE are not afraid to go to trial!
Here is a partial Listing of the Law Firm’s recent Criminal Defense Results that we achieved for our satisfied clients:
JURY TRIAL ACQUITTAL–Client was charged with Penal Code 273a (b)—Endangering child or causing or permitting child to suffer physical pain, mental suffering or injury. The client’s daughter testified (she was 13 years old at trial, about an incident that occurred when she was 12) that her father punched her in the face “with a closed fist” leaving a scar and then wrapping a rope around her neck so she couldn’t even “swallow her saliva.”
Despite the daughter’s repeated testimony that on multiple occasions her father had punched her in her face with a closed fist and left a scar, the jury did not believe her. The accuser’s testimony during trial that our client tied a rope around his daughter’s neck and said in Spanish that “I am doing this, so you die,” was also disbelieved.
The state’s witness tried to convince the jury that the daughter’s injury to her lip was consistent with a punch to the face or repeated strikes with a hard object. After counsel had the Jurors look closely at the photos and to our argument to the contrary, there was enough reasonable doubt to acquit the defendant—A victory!
We encouraged our client to testify which was a wise decision in this case. He was a more credible witness than his daughter and therefore convinced the jurors of the truth–that his daughter had a melt down and that during this emotional upheaval he put her in a “time out.” She became so hysterical that she injured herself. Hence the injury was not caused by the father nor was it intentional.
The jury returned a verdict of – NOT GUILTY
“The Right Attorney Makes All the Difference“-Preparation, knowledge of the law, and acting quickly on our feet yields tremendous results!
Most Recent Criminal Defense Results
- ANOTHER SUCCESFUL JURY TRIAL ACQUITTAL–Client was charged with misdemeanor Domestic Violence and Battery, Penal Code Sections 243(e)(1) and 242. Client was found NOT GUILTY of all charges after a trial by jury.
- Client was charged with Felony Burglary, Penal Code Section 459 and Misdemeanor Resisting Arrest, Penal Code Section 148. Charges were reduced to a misdemeanor and then diversion granted on both counts. Case DISMISSED after successful completion.
- Client was charged with Misdemeanor Driving Under the Influence or DUI, Vehicle Code 23152(a) and 23152(b). Charges were REDUCED to a Wet/Reckless, Vehicle Code 23103/23103.5. This resulted in reduced license suspension, 1/3 the fine, and no jail!
- Client charged with FELONY Domestic Violence, Penal Code Section 273.5. After negotiating with the District Attorney and only one Court appearance, the case was DISCHARGED. No criminal record. (client insisted on doing a video testimonial)
- Client charged with FELONY Possession of gun on school grounds, Penal Code Sections 25400(a)(1) and 9(b) and was sentenced to Jericho Project for six years. Client walked away after 3 days and absconded for six years. Upon his return, he faced 5 years 8 months in prison. After negotiating with the District Attorney, several court appearances, and writing a strong Sentencing Brief the client was given an unprecedented second chance at Jericho Project—NO PRISON time imposed.
- Client was charged with FELONY Burglary Penal Code Section 459 and Misdemeanor Battery Penal Code Section 242. Felony and misdemeanor battery charges were DISMISSED, and the case SETTLED for misdemeanor Theft, Penal Code Section 487c. Client was placed on Community Detention.
- Client charged with 2 FELONY counts of Credit Card Fraud, Penal Code Section 484g(b); one FELONY count of Theft, Penal Code Section 459 & one FELONY count of Burglary, Penal Code Section 485. Charges were reduced to only 1 misdemeanor petty theft charge, Penal Code Section 488. Client faced prison and deportation, but the case was resolved for no jail time, a small fine and eligible for expungement of record.
- ANOTHER SUCCESFUL JURY TRIAL ACQUITTAL– Client charged with FELONY Assault with a deadly weapon, Penal Code Section 245. Defendant was acquitted after a trial by jury.
- Client charged with FELONY use of false identification to establish citizenship status, Penal Code Section 114; FELONY Forging/ Possessing a Fraudulent Public Seal, Penal Code Section 472; and FELONY Identity Theft, Penal Code Section 530.5(a). All felony charges dismissed. Client plead to only a misdemeanor, unlawful use of false or fictitious name, Vehicle Code 20. No jail.
- Client charged with FELONY Unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor, Penal Code Section 261.5(c) and FELONY unlawful sexual intercourse with a minor who is under 16 years of age, Penal Code Section 261.5(d). Charges were reduced to only 1 misdemeanor, ordered a mandated reporter, NOT required to register as a sex offender (Penal Code Section 11166(a)). No jail.
- Client charged with a MISDEMEANOR solicitation of a prostitute, Penal Code Section 647(b). Charges were DISMISSED upon successful completion of pre-trial diversion (CAD). No Court, no jail, no record.
- Client charged with 2nd MISDEMEANOR Petty Theft, Penal Code Section 488. Charges DISMISSED upon successful completion of pre-trial diversion (CAD). No Court, no jail, no record.
- Client charged with the following FELONIES: cultivation of marijuana, Health & Safety Code Section 11358; possession of marijuana for sale, Health & Safety Code Section 11359; unlawful renting a building for the purpose of storing and distributing marijuana, Health & Safety Code Section 11366.5(a) & possession of a firearm, Penal Code Section 29800(a)(1). ONLY plead to possession of a firearm, Penal Code Section 29800(a)(1) and sentenced to 5 months on home confinement. No jail.
- Client charged with misdemeanor, driving without a valid driver’s license, Vehicle Code Section 12500. Charge reduced to an infraction and no probation.
- Repeat offender client charged with three misdemeanors: Resisting arrest, Penal Code Section 148(a); Battery, Penal Code Section 242 and Petty Theft, Penal Code Section 484. Case resolved for a DISMISSAL upon successful Completion of FACT Court.
- Juvenile client charged with two FELONIES: Distribution of Child Pornography, Penal Code Section 311.10 and Possession of Child Pornography, Penal Code Section 311.11. All charges will be DISMISSED and criminal record automatically upon success completion of DEOJ/ Diversion.
- Minor client pupil charged with numerous sexual harassment Education Code Section violations. District planned to expel pupil and send him to continuation school. After ARPC/Expulsion Hearing pupil allowed to transfer to another high school, remain in school, continue counseling and can return to his former high school next semester.
- Repeat offender Client charged with 3 separate Violations of Probation for DUI/Drunk in Public. All VOP’s were DISMISSED in exchange for proof of IID installation.
- Client charged with FELONY Domestic Violence, Penal Code Section 273.5. Full ACQUITTAL after a 7-day jury trial!
- FELONY Evading Police, Penal Code Section 2800.2 – REDUCED to misdemeanor.
- DUI, Vehicle Code Sections 23152(a) and 23152(b) – REDUCED to a Wet and Reckless, Vehicle Code Section 23103.
- FELONY Domestic Violence, Penal Code Section 273.5 – REDUCED to a “simple assault,” Penal Code Section 240.
- Furnishing Alcohol to a Minor, Business & Professional Code Section 25658 – RESOLVED
- Resisting Arrest, Penal Code Section 148(a) & Drunk in Public, Penal Code Section 647(f) – DISMISSED & record expunged
- Accident DUI, Vehicle Code Section 23153 – DISMISSED
- FELONIES Possession & Sale of Concentrated Cannabis, Health & Safety Code 11357 – REDUCED to misdemeanor.
- FELONY Domestic Violence, Penal Code Section 273.5 – DISMISSED
- Resisting Arrest, Penal Code Section 148(a); Drunk in Public, Penal Code Section 647(f); Violation of Noise Ordinance, Health & Safety Code Section 46000 – DISMISSED
- Resisting Arrest, Penal Code Section 148(a) & Drunk in Public, Penal Code Section 647(f) – DISMISSED
- Resisting Arrest, Penal Code Section 148(a) & Public Intoxication, Penal Code Section 647(f) – DISMISSED
- FELONY Domestic Violence, Penal Code Section 273.5 – DISMISSED
- Resisting Arrest, Possession of Meth & Under the Influence (Juvenile) – DISMISSED
- Solicitation of a Prostitute, Penal Code Section 647(b) – DISMISSED
- FELONY Assault & Battery with Great Bodily Injury (GBI) & Public Intoxication, Penal Code Section 242 – DISMISSED & money reward.